Old July 1st 06, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?/British Standard BS7666.

wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:46:48 GMT, Richard J. wrote:

UK postal addresses now need the county to be included.

If you're going to quote me, then at least do so competently.
That should read "No UK postal addresses now need the county ...".

I find it irritating when websites ask for your address with the
county as a mandatory field. Many of them will not accept an
address in the form 123 Xyz Road, London, [postcode]. You are
forced either to enter London twice or to insert an unnecessary
district name such as Acton in place of the town name.

Which is absurd as Greater London is *not* an administrative county.

Irrelevant, as we're talking about postal counties, and of course London
isn't one of those either.
--
Richard J.