Old July 2nd 06, 11:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default The best non-interchange interchanges

Dave Arquati wrote:
(snip original post on nearby unconnected stations)

Graham Harrison wrote:
How about Lancaster Gate to Paddington? I used to use it regularly if
coming from the Central Line; saves the change at Oxford Circus.

Same here, but coming from the west to avoid the change at Notting Hill
Gate. However, the new White City interchange with the H&C might be more
convenient when it's finished.

That's a great interchange point Graham, it's on the list. Central Line
to Paddington is not one I can remember doing in the past, but it looks
like a useful change whether coming from either west or east.

As you say Dave the White City interchange could be useful for this,
but the lesser frequency on the H&C, the possibility (probability?) of
a longer journey time and the chance of the H&C being up the spout
might tip the balance in favour of staying on trhe Central Line if I
was coming from the west.

Slightly coincidentally I was on a bus coming from Notting Hill towards
Marble Arch, and advised a couple of people who were headed to
Paddington to get off at the at Lancaster Gate and walk round the
corner. The bus driver had advised they get off at Marble Arch and
change for a bus up the Edgware Road. Instead they took my advice, got
off and from my vantage point on the top-deck I saw them head off in
the completely wrong direction. I felt a little guilty.