Old September 29th 03, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Oyster=Big Brother ??

Roland Perry wrote in article
In message 01c383a8$214dd840$d405e150@default, Michael R N Dolbear
writes
As with retention of mobile phone call data, the possibility of the
data being useful to prove an alibi ("and then I went straight

home")
never crosses the 'minds' of Civil Rights Campaigners.

Because it can't "prove" innocence. You might have lent you phone or
Oyster Card to someone else. But as a strong indication that you were

near the scene of a crime, it can draw suspicion upon you.

And a strong indication that you were somewhere else can draw suspicion
away.

I didn't say "prove" innocence, I said prove an alibi. Beyond
reasonable doubt is the idea I understand.

--
Mike D