Old July 3rd 06, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] irwatkins@gmail.com is offline

Default "Loopy" Bus Services

John Rowland wrote:
Ian Jelf wrote:

I seem to recall that Stratford had two "S" prefix routes like this
which had the additional refinement of different destination blind
colours depending on the direction travelled!

I have a vague recollection of a similar route which did a two-way loop in
the Bexleyheath area, possibly starting and finishing at Eltham Well Hall
Station (as it was known then)

The 288 does a one-way loop in the Broadfields estate in North Edgware.
There are two very short routes in High Barnet which have one-way loops as
well.

In the late 1970s, nearly early every bus in the New Addington area
performed loops, with different route numbers for the different directions.

The 132 was the Bexleyheath and Eltham circular
(http://www.londonbuses.co.uk/Routes/132) in both the 1950s and again
in the 1970s.