Old July 3rd 06, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default What is the jurisdiction of the BTP?

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:13:37 +0100 someone who may be "Richard M
Willis" wrote this:-

Any Police Officer in any force in the UK has has jurisdiction anywhere in
the UK. They may, for operational reasons, be instructed to leave certain
types of offences/incidents to the "local" plod.

It might not be a good idea to try this in Northern Ireland.

In this country when the English police were imported for the
gathering of criminals at Gleneagles this time last year ISTR that
they had to have something done to them to make them Scottish
officers.

One of the reasons why many of the malicious prosecutions resulting
from that gathering were eventually abandoned was that these English
police officers were devoid of any useful knowledge of the law here.
The Bluff and Bluster Act didn't cut the mustard.

Instead of wasting their time and my money behaving like arseholes
here they might have been better employed in London looking out for
people with exploding rucksacks.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh