Old July 3rd 06, 06:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
PRAR PRAR is offline

Default The best non-interchange interchanges

DERWENT The best non-interchange interchanges
2 Jul 2006 17:35:38 -0700, "Mizter T"

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article , (Dave
Arquati) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article om,
(Mizter T) wrote:

Putney NR to East Putney (District Line Wimbledon Branch)

Ugh! They're not very close. What journey combination would it be
useful for?

Local journeys from points west on SWT to places on the District
branch - e.g. Twickenham to Fulham Broadway? I'd probably opt for the
bus from Putney NR instead in that case, but some people prefer a
Tube/train option.

FSVO "some" I suspect. I can't imagine the number doing the interchange
is more than minuscule.

My thread was perhaps misnamed. Whilst the list contains many really
good 'non-interchange interchanges' (let's call them 'distant
interchanges'), it's arguably more a list of stations that are in
relative proximity to one another - a proximity which you often can't
discern from the Tube/London Connections map - and speculation as to
how useful some of these changes would be for various journeys (traffic
flows in the planners parlance).

http://www.hanzoweb.com/archive/20060313155845/http://rodcorp.typepad.com/rodcorp/2003/10/london_tube_map.html

check out the line wrap first though.

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/ and http://prar.fotopic.net/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. --Dick Cavett