Old September 29th 03, 06:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Oliver Keating Oliver Keating is offline

Default Hello from New York

"Boltar" wrote in message
m...
(Knotso) wrote in message

snip
The MTA in new york can actually manage to run a reasonable service. LU

can't.
In london there are forever delays , trains being reversed before they've
got to their destination because the train (ie driver) is running late

(wants
to get home for tea), stations being closed because of some lift or

escalator
not working, incorrect train arrival indicators and so on. Don't ever rely

on
the tube to get you to your destination on time and this especially

applies
when you're going to the airport on it.
Sorry , if this sounds negative but I'm a londoner and I've ridden on

many
metro systems (including the NYC subway many times) around the world and

IMO
the tube is one of the worst run and managed I've ever come across plus

its
the most expensive.

I am sorry but I disagree. I have ridden the tube every day, and I haven't
experienced a serious delay since three years ago when it took 45minutes to
travel 2 stops.

The problem is that a minority of dissatisfied customers will always speak
more loudly than the majority of satisfied ones, so come on speak up!

And besides the tube is only more expensive than other systems because tube
users actually pay for the real cost of the service. Which is how it should
be.

B2003