Old July 3rd 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Letter from TfL to FCC

Mark B wrote:

I thought TOC's were free to call themselves what they like -
without having to seek approval from Ken...

He (and it was Ian Brown, not Ken) wasn't seeking approval, merely
consultation, which is reasonable if the TOC's name appears on the
signage of other operators such as LU.

There is a clear need to distinguish the Thameslink *service* from other
routes that FCC operate, and if FCC are in fact removing the Thameslink
name or even seeking to change station names that include "Thameslink",
then I think that Ian Brown is absolutely right to try to stop it.
--
Richard J.