Old July 3rd 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

On 03 Jul 2006 21:46:45 GMT, Adrian wrote:

James Farrar ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Describing a length as "zero centimetres" is redundant, incidentally;
if the length is zero it's zero whatever the unit and thus is probably
best phrased as "zero length", depending on context.

I think it's fairly safe to say that "zero miles" may very well cover a
wider range of zero than "zero microns".

That rather depends on context. I'd say there's a difference between
"0 cm" and "0 nm" but not between "zero centimetres" and "zero
nanometres".

Maybe I'm out of touch with current scientific noation, though.

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com