Old July 4th 06, 09:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
jonmorris jonmorris is offline

Default Tube could close in future heatwaves

Paul Weaver wrote:
When it reaches 45C I'll start to worry, temperature in the med never
drops below 30C in summer.

We have poorly ventilated trains and that's a problem, but to buy/lease
new buses without air con is a joke (even in the winter, it's a good
thing and keeps the windows from misting up). All this fuss about not
being able to put air-con on the tube is one thing, but aircon isn't an
expensive premium on a bus these days!

Didn't TfL realise that our buses are still for a lot of the time? No
movement means no airflow (especially with such tiny windows,
presumably to stop people throwing things out).

Of course, a 500ml bottle of water costs 50p in med countries, £2 in
London.

I thought the shops at Kings Cross were expensive, but I still only pay
95p for a bottle, or £1.20 for two bottles. Not cheap, but not a major
rip off either. However, I don't care because whenever possible I
simply refill a bottle with (cold) water from our office water machine,
or before I leave in the morning! Sod expensive mineral water!

Jonathan