Old July 5th 06, 07:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Richard M Willis Richard M Willis is offline

Default Arlesey - KX commute

"R.K. Harle" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone happen to know what the commuter trains into London from
Arlesey (i.e. the Peterborough line) are like in the morning? I'm
particularly interested in whether the morning trains are standing room
only by the time they reach Arlesey, as they are from the nearby

Letchworth.

It is safe to assume there will be a reasonable number of seats
available from Arlesey to London. I've only irregularly traveled on
that line in the morning. That was Peterborough to Biggleswade and it
wasn't particularly heavily loaded at all.

You must remember that on the FCC line between Peterborough and Finsbury
Park it is now mandatory to carry water AT ALL TIMES. You are liable to
a 20.00+ penalty fare if not.

Richard [in SG19]