Old September 29th 03, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default Travel into central London from ....

"Tullyhubbert" wrote in message

"Tullyhubbert" wrote in message

Can someone please advice the cheapest way to get two adults and a child
from Stanstead airport to central London and back again. Traveling in on

Friday morning and returning on Monday evening. (9pm flight) I've had a
look at the Stanstead website and from what I can see the train prices

are
almost as expensive as the easyjet flights I'm getting from N.Ireland!

Some more!

On the Friday I'm arriving I'll be using public transport quite a bit. From
East Dulwich as far North as the Ally Pally and lots of places in between.
So I think I'll be needing an all zone travel card. How much is an adult

and
a child travel card?

Alexandra Palace is in Zone 3 and East Dulwich is in Zone 2 so you probably
won't need an all zone travelcard. You can get a family travelcard for zones
1-4 for £3 adult and 80p child.

Also I'll be leaving the Ally Pally about 11pm on Friday evening. Whats the
public transport like at that time with regards to returning to East
Dulwich?

The last train to East Dulwich leaves London Bridge at 2349. In order to
catch that you would need to be on the 2255 from Alexandra Palace and then
catch the Northern Line from King's Cross to London Bridge.

Peter Smyth