Old July 5th 06, 03:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
congokid congokid is offline

Default Tube could close in future heatwaves

In article , Paul Terry
writes

But in those days much of the rolling stock was better designed for a
through-flow of air, with relatively large "hopper" windows and, in a
number of cases, open (but gated) platforms at the ends of carriages.

I may be mistaken but in January 1989 in Sydney I'm sure that the
passenger doors were kept open - presumably for ventilation purposes -
between stations on at least some of the older trains on the Cityrail
system. This year the trains I travelled on there appeared to be newer
and had air conditioning.

--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...