Old July 5th 06, 03:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
congokid congokid is offline

Default Tube could close in future heatwaves

In article . com, Paul
Oter writes

jonmorris wrote:

Tap water does me fine anyway, so if they had tap water available at
stations I'd simply use that.

Can I nominate this for this newsgroups's "best idea of the day" award?

Drinking fountains at main NR and tube stations, where travellers can
have a drink or refil their water bottles. Just like at all BAA
airports.

Unfortunately most public places in London these days don't have
drinking fountains. Instead they have concessions or vending machines
where you can spend up to (and often more than) a quid for a drink of
water.

Only a few weeks ago in Regent's Park I refilled my water bottle from
the big ornamental fountain near the Zoo. People around me were more
concerned as they didn't know whether it was safe to drink or not. I'd
already checked at the park map near the entrance, which shows where all
the drinking fountains are located - and this was one of them.

--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...