Old July 5th 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default London Terminals and Thameslink

On 5 Jul 2006 08:23:45 -0700, "Mizter T" wrote:

I know this is a bit of an old chestnut, but having sifted through a
few previous discussions here on Google Groups I'm still a little
unclear on what the ticketing rules are. I'm hoping the oracles of this
ng might be able to offer clarification.

I'm probably way out of date but here goes.

(1) A ticket from Herne Hill (south London) to London Terminals is
obviously valid to Blackfriars, am I correct in saying it's valid to
City Thameslink as well? I presume it's not valid any further north
than that.

I believe this is correct.

(2) For travel from Herne Hill to Farringdon or Kings Cross Thameslink
presumably a ticket is issued with either of those specific
destinations named, is this the case?

No it would be issued to U1 and would thus be valid to any LU station in
Zone 1.

(3) When travelling from the north of the Thameslink route (say
Cricklewood) into central London, are tickets issued to 'London
Terminals' or to specific named stations (e.g. Kings Cross Thameslink /
City Thameslink)?

To the specific named station once north of Kings Cross Thameslink.

And if a passenger is coming from Luton on a ticket with the
destination 'London Terminals' can they go any further south on the
Thameslink route than Kings Cross Thameslink?

No they cannot except on peak trains to Moorgate - I think!

(4) 'London Thameslink' was mentioned in previous posts as a
destination - does this mean anything, or was it just a virtual
destination used for some reason solely during the Thameslink blockade?

No idea at all.

--
Paul C