Old July 5th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Iain Iain is offline

Default Tube could close in future heatwaves

"Neil Williams" wrote in
ps.com:

Or is it because mineral water is becoming a fashion statement?

The opposite, surely? In the 80s Perrier and Evian in particular were
very much associated with the whole yuppy "red braces" image, whereas
now nobody thinks twice about buying a bottle of water if they're
thirsty. Although given that the stuff can be anything up to twice as
expensive as petrol, perhaps they *should* think twice!

Depends on the individual. I dehydrate very easily, especially in
this kind of weather, so if I'm carrying any sort of bag it'll likely
have a bottle of diluted squash in it somewhere (or similar). I've
done this for years. Not everyone's the same, though.

I always carry a bottle of water with me (filled up from the tap of
course -- Thames Water's finest will do me), but that's more the
occasions when the Central Line decides to come to a juddering halt
leaving me stranded underground in 35C heat for an hour or so. Which
has only happened twice in the last couple of years ...

Iain