Old July 6th 06, 08:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Richard M Willis Richard M Willis is offline

Default Tube could close in future heatwaves

"Mike Roebuck" wrote in message

Times have changed.

North Country Continental, Gresley buffet car, headed for Harwich,
December 1983:

"Please could I have some hot water to make up my baby son's bottle?"

"Certainly, Sir. That'll be 20p, please"

"You're joking, right?"

"No Sir, 20p please"

And he gave me a receipt for it!

Don't understand. If "times have changed" since 23 years ago, what is the
situation now ?

20p seems dirt cheap to me for heating a few 100ml of water.

Richard [in SG19]