Old September 30th 03, 04:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Wanderingjew698 Wanderingjew698 is offline

Default Hello from New York

I am sorry but I disagree. I have ridden the tube every day, and I haven't
experienced a serious delay since three years ago when it took 45minutes to
travel 2 stops.

The problem is that a minority of dissatisfied customers will always speak
more loudly than the majority of satisfied ones, so come on speak up!

And besides the tube is only more expensive than other systems because tube
users actually pay for the real cost of the service. Which is how it should
be.

B2003

I beg to differ I was in London for 11days in june 2001 2 days the
Metropolitan Line was delayed with no trains between Aldgate and Baker
St from Baker St the trains were running at half the normal frequency.

Another day I sat for 45 minutes on the Picadilly Line between Covent Garden &
Leicester Sq because of a stalled train.

In NYC (where I live) I've been on locals who have been rerouted on the express
tracks and vice versa causing maybe 5 or 10 minute delays

I believe except for London which has parallel trackage from Barons Court to
Acton Town and from Finchley Road to Wembley Park and Chicago from Howard to
Fullerton and Philadelphia Broad St Line from Olney to Spring Garden NYC has
extensive parrallel trackage