Old July 6th 06, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] patrick1971@gmail.com is offline

Default First Class within Zones 1-6

I seem to remember reading somewhere, possibly on this group (but now
of course I can't find it), that within zones 1-6 there was no such
thing as first class, i.e. if you had a travelcard you could sit in
first class carriages on NR services up to the boundary of the zones on
your travelcard.

I'm assuming this is no longer the case, as the announcer on my regular
morning train from Waterloo to Feltham is always very emphatic that
passengers sitting in the first class area must have a valid first
class ticket.

Was it ever the case, or have I completely made this up in my mind?

Patrick