Old July 6th 06, 02:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default First Class within Zones 1-6

Jack Taylor wrote:
wrote:
I seem to remember reading somewhere, possibly on this group (but now
of course I can't find it), that within zones 1-6 there was no such
thing as first class, i.e. if you had a travelcard you could sit in
first class carriages on NR services up to the boundary of the zones
on your travelcard.

Not true.

By contrast, I presume a First Day Travelcard (on TOCs that do one) are
actually only valid in Standard Class except for the initial journey
into the Zones and back out. I wonder if this causes trouble...

I wonder why there is no First Class supplement for use within the
Zones? There is one in the German joint-tariff systems.

Neil