Old July 6th 06, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default First Class within Zones 1-6

MIG wrote:
Jack Taylor wrote:

You're possibly getting confused with the fact that SWT have often
used stock with first class accommodation on the Windsor lines on
services advertised as standard class only and it *may* (at the
discretion of the guard - although always, in practise, on class
450s by means of a PIS message) be declassified on some services.

I assume you meant some *other* services, since if the Windsor services
are advertised as standard class only, then surely the guard has no
discretion. Stopping services on the Hounslow loop are all advertised
as standard class only, and run with 450s, but I've never heard an
announcement about the firsts being declassified (if that's what you
mean by a "PIS message").

People are still a bit squeamish about using first class on the
450s, even though there wouldn't be such a thing as first class on
some whole routes they run on at the moment, let alone services.

Not surprising, since there's no guidance on the subject. If you get on
a Waterloo train at Feltham, the firsts may or may not be declassified
depending where it's come from.
--
Richard J.