Old July 7th 06, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Matthew Geier Matthew Geier is offline

Default Tube could close in future heatwaves

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 16:36:12 +0100, congokid wrote:

In article , Paul Terry
writes

I may be mistaken but in January 1989 in Sydney I'm sure that the
passenger doors were kept open - presumably for ventilation purposes

Nope, the passengers were too lazy to close them.

Around that time the last of the non power door carrages were withdrawn
as people kept managing to fall out of moving trains and their relations
kept going to the media about those 'unsafe trains'.

between stations on at least some of the older trains on the Cityrail
system. This year the trains I travelled on there appeared to be newer
and had air conditioning.

Nope. Probably only 2/3 of the fleet is actually air conditioned. All are
power doors though.
If it has opening windows it isn't air conditioned. There is no provision
for opening the windows on Air conditioned stock.