Old July 7th 06, 02:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default London Terminals and Thameslink North Greenwich + Quickest route Greenwich to Vauxhall

"Mizter T" wrote

On a slightly related note it's interesting to see the emergency of the
new place name "Canada Water", an area many would formerly have called
Rotherhithe. The Canada Water name was around before the coming of the
Jubilee line, but I'm sure the naming of the new interchange as such
has helped to popularise it further.

Plus whilst locals would I believe have considered what is now Canada
Water part of Rotherhithe and referred to it as such, there are lots of
new residents (as there are lots of new housing) who seem to favour
using the new name.

The area now known as Canada Water used to be Canada Dock - but no-one lived
there when the dock was there. The ancient place name for the area was
Redriff, though that name must have disappeared when the area was given over
to the Surrey Commercial Docks.

Peter