Old July 7th 06, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Terminals and Thameslink North Greenwich + Quickest route Greenwich

In article ,
(Peter Masson) wrote:

This mirrors the north-of-the-river naming of North Woolwich,
across the Thames from Woolwich proper.

Yes but wasn't North Woolwich administratively part of Woolwich?
I don't think it was part of the Hams pre 1965.

It was indeed in Woolwich Borough in LCC days. IIRC North Woolwich
was part of Kent before the LCC was set up, and indeed, part of the
Kingdom of Kent when it was independent of the rest of England in
around the 8th Century.

I thought North Woolwich was once South of the river. I.e. the river has
moved over the centuries in this area.

--
Colin Rosenstiel