Old July 8th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Rail replacement mystery

Dave Newt wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
From the TfL website...

++++++++++++
VICTORIA LINE: On Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 July, suspended between
Seven Sisters and Highbury & Islington, with a reduced service on
the rest of the line, due to planned engineering works.
REPLACEMENT BUS SERVICES;
Seven Sisters - Manor House (Southbound only);
Finsbury Park - Highbury & Islington (Southbound only);
Highbury & Islington - Finsbury Park - Manor House - Seven Sisters
(Northbound only);
Passengers should use Piccadilly Line services between Manor House
and Central London where possible;
++++++++++++

Unless there's a bus crushing plant in Manor House and a bus
factory in Finsbury Park, these buses are running empty southbound
between Manor House and Finsbury Park. If your journey was from
Seven Sisters to H&I, you would find that very annoying.

As indeed my journey will be today (well, 7S to FP)... I guess they
want people on the Piccadilly Line and not the buses. In my case,
the strategy will work, since I'm going to KX anyway...

The strategy nowadays is to bus people to the nearest operating tube
line rather than run a bus service along the whole of the closed line,
so if your journey is 7S to KXSP, then bus to Manor House and then the
Piccadilly Line is a sensible alternative to the Victoria Line. But
John's point is valid, especially as Manor House to Finsbury Park is
only about 3/4 of a mile.
--
Richard J.