Old July 9th 06, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] dtren@my-deja.com is offline

Default Oyster deposit

Paul Terry wrote:
In message . com,
" writes

I'm going to be in UK for 1 day plan to use a 3.50 1 day bus and a
1.50 1 way bus fare., do I have to pay 5 pounds or 8 pounds?

A 3.50 bus pass covers all buses in all zones throughout the day (and on
until 4.30 the next morning), so it is unlikely you would also need a
single (1.50 cash) ticket.

Unless you plan to return to London in the near future, it is not really
worth putting the bus pass on Oyster - just get a paper ticket
(available from the same places that you buy Oyster).

If you are planning to visit London again and therefore prefer the
Oyster option, the total would be 6.50 including the 3.00 deposit (which
is refundable).
--
Paul Terry

You can't put a one day pass on Oyster - you have to use prepay. Only 7
day and longer passes can be put on Oyster

However, a day's bus journeys will be capped at £3 using Oyster - just
pass the ticket over the reader and it will stop charging after £3 has
been reached, which is 50p less than the one day bus pass

You'll need to pay a £3 refundable deposit as well. Whether there is a
minimum pre-pay top up I don't know - a quick search of the tfl site
didn't find one.