Old July 9th 06, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default TfL Route 395

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 21:42:56 +0930, (Aidan Stanger)
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

(snip)
TfL do not advertise bad news or cuts to bus services.

Why not? Any idea whose decision it was to neglect their duty to keep
the public informed?

I am only speaking from my knowledge of how the network has changed and
how services have been cut. There has been no clear communication about
those events while any improvement no matter how small is blasted from
the rooftops. I find the apparent policy to be inconsistent but then
the whole policy about communicating service changes is appalling in my
view. There is little information provided other than via the web and I
(and many other people) don't have any means of contacting the web when
I am on the bus or at the bus stop.

I can assure you that there is no indication whatsoever that it is a
temporary withdrawal. The special buses that are required to run the
service have been sent away from London for other duties within First
Group.

Why does it require special buses?

There are width restrictions at both entrances. There are also very
tight clearances where there the tunnel changes direction.
--
Paul C