Old July 9th 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default First Class within Zones 1-6

Paul Oter wrote:

Section K of the National Fares Manuals (page K1.2) explains how to
calculate prices for First ClassTravelcard season tickets for travel
within various combinations of zones including zones 1-6 and even zone
1 only.

So there *is* such a thing as a First Class 1-6 Travelcard, at least
for 7 day seasons and longer.

I have read it, and stand corrected. Given, however, that a First
Class ODTC is a TOC-specific (Thameslink) product - I think it's only
them - I'm not sure how it applies to that.

Has anyone else spotted the mistake in the example for excess fares
calculation? The outboundary-to-outboundary one (somewhere to St
Albans) is wrong; it suggests a ticket from Boundary Zone 3 when the
correct ticket would be from Boundary Zone 5.

--quote--
Example:
A holder of a Zone R345 Period Travelcard wants to travel from
Purley to St. Albans.
Issue two excess tickets -
1. A point-to-point from the cheapest Boundary Zone 3 station
on line of route (Streatham) to cover travel across London
to Cricklewood (remember to set the cross-London marker).
Take the fare from Section C, and
2. a ticket from Boundary Zone 3 to St. Albans, taking the fare
from K3.
First check that this combined fare is cheaper than the
point-to-point fare from Streatham to St. Albans.
--end quote--

Neil