Old July 9th 06, 11:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Driving into London from Dorking

vicki.dietz wrote:

"David Biddulph" wrote in message

The Day Travelcard covers your journey from Dorking into London, travel
around London, and your return journey back to Dorking.

Wow! Four people traveling to and from London from Dorking, unlimited use
of the Tube, all for 23 pounds, that's incredible. I can only hope they
don't stop their GroupSave offer before August!

The Travelcard will also allow use of both buses and also the suburban
overground rail network in all of London (as your Travelcards will be
valid in all 6 zones), though during a day trip I'd think it unlikely
that you'd need to use the overground train network (apart from your
journey from Dorking of course). A Travelcard will also get you 1/3 off
many riverboat fares (the fares depend on the operator) - a riverboat
is a great way to get to or from Greenwich, for example.

I'm not aware of any plans to stop the GroupSave offer - it's not a
short term offer but a long running promotion, it's been available for
a good 18 months at least. The inclusion of Travelcards is a new thing,
but it won't suddenly be withdrawn.

GroupSave also applies to other rail tickets in the South East of
England. However if you're planning any longer distance rail journeys
in the UK (outside of the South East) it's a different situation -
booking in advance will save you money, the bigger savings being
available the earlier you book. Again you can buy such tickets through
the 'Chiltern Railways' website.

If you just want train times then you can get them by using the journey
planner he
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/JourneyPlanner.asp