Old July 10th 06, 12:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Driving into London from Dorking

Dave Arquati wrote:

However, there is a group discount called GroupSave available on tickets
from outside London (e.g. Dorking) - 3 or 4 adults travel for the price
of 2, which would make the total cost from Dorking £22.80 or £5.70 per
person (i.e. cheaper than driving somewhere else, even without taking
into account the cost of parking). Given that you need to buy
travelcards upon arrival in London anyway, this is by far the best
option - it is almost certainly the cheapest and most hassle-free.

Details of the GroupSave discount are available at
http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/groupsave.aspx

It's worth noting that you can also get 2 for 1 entry at a number of
attractions in London from that website.

I didn't know GroupSave applied to Travelcards (I hardly even have the
need to buy a Travelcard outside of London), this is a new thing right?
It's a pretty good deal.

Of course it would become less of a bargain if any other train
companies decide to follow First Capital Connect's evening rush-hour
restrictions on off-peak tickets. I'm merely speculating as I've heard
nothing nothing of the sort, but once the taboo has been broken by one
operator, then it becomes easier for the others to follow.