Old September 30th 03, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Hello from New York

"Oliver Keating" wrote in message ...
I am sorry but I disagree. I have ridden the tube every day, and I haven't
experienced a serious delay since three years ago when it took 45minutes to
travel 2 stops.

The problem is that a minority of dissatisfied customers will always speak
more loudly than the majority of satisfied ones, so come on speak up!

Well then you've been lucky mate, I get delayed by more than 20 mins at least
once a week. Still , on the bright side at least I'm building up a nice
collection of refund vouchers.

And besides the tube is only more expensive than other systems because tube
users actually pay for the real cost of the service. Which is how it should
be.

WHy should I have to pay so much for a PUBLIC service that allows me travel
to work so that i can earn money to PAY TAXES THAT FUND IT!?? Using your logic
we'd all have to pay £££ just to visit the doctor. Ok , not everything can
be funded by taxes but public services should be IMO and that includes the
tube. Since virtualy every other country does that (with some minimum fare
to keep out vagrants and top up the coffers) I suspect we are the ones who
need a rethink , not the rest of the world.

B2003