Old July 10th 06, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default North Greenwich and the naming of stations (was London Terminals and Thame

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 23:38 +0100 (BST), Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

Rupert Candy wrote:

...any more than people confuse Tottenham Court Road (here we go
again) with Tottenham Hale.

I know that happens.

Ditto Edgware Road and Edgware, which are
equally far apart.

I know that happens a lot, along with Finchley/Finchley Road.

We get confusion between King's Lynn and King's Cross at Cambridge as we
used to with the choice of London Liverpool Street and Liverpool Lime
Street.

I've lost count of the number of people I've had to tell that Brentford
really isn't in essex.

Steve