Old July 12th 06, 06:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Stevie Stevie is offline

Default KXSP question

Mizter T wrote:
A few points...

MartyJ wrote:

No it is to remain open and apparently that has been guaranteed..

I don't know if you have any solid evidence that the Pentonville Rd
entrance will remain open - AIUI no final decision has been made.
London Travelwatch, in their report to the Secretary of State for
Transport regarding the closure of KX Thameslink station [1], strongly
recommend that the Pentonville Rd entrance remains open (see section
6.11).

London Underground (LU) state they agree with this recommendation, but
then say they "did not have the funding to modify King's Cross
Thameslink station to Underground-only use and that funding would be
subject to Department for Transport agreement."

[1] London Travelwatch report
http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/...nt.php?id=2305

For many people on average generally use a zone 1 tube station exit
during peak times?
In the Travelwatch report, they say that during the morning peak there
were 1987 passengers using this exit and 1777 using it as an entrance
in the evening peak (page 6). To me, this doesn't seem that many
people for such a busy station. Also, they don't say in the report if
these are people just exiting the LU bit at KCSP or if they're people
exiting the LU AND definately leaving Pentonville Road. If it's just
people leaving the LU bit, then it's likely that a large proportion of
them are just changing to/from Thameslink.

Have they started fitting out the Midland Road box yet? I went through
it in May and didn't spot any changes.