Old July 14th 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default 2009 stock

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:40:17 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Hi all,

I have been informed that a mock up of the 2009 stock is being assembled
outside Euston Station. That is all I know.

An internal memo just published says the following :-

"The Victoria Line upgrade will see a fleet of 47 bigger, state of the
art eight car trains introduced into service from 2009 and 2012.

As part of the development of the new rolling stock, one of Metronet's
contractual obligations [1] is to conduct Customer Acceptance Testing
(CAT).

From Monday 17 July, stakeholders will have the change to see a mock up
carriage at Euston Square, outside Euston mainline station.

We have arranged three exclusive viewing dates for staff :

Friday 21 July 07.00 - 10.00
Wednesday 26 July 13.00 - 17.00
Tuesday 1 August 16.00 - 19.00

The mock up will be sited in a marquee designed to resemble a platform.
Visual displays around the venue will highlight key aspects of the
investment programme, the upgrade and the new train.

There will be a plasma screen running a short animation depicting the
experience of riding on a new Victoria Line train, and managers will be
there to answer your questions.

There is no need for an appointment, simply come along and show your
staff pass to enter the secure site.

The CAT itself will take place from 21 July to 3 August. The mock up
will then be open to the general public until Thursday 11 August."

[1] a bit of the contract I was involved in getting written in!

Hope that helps.

I shall pop along to see how small and uncomfortable the seats are for
those of us of "larger" proportions !

--
Paul C