Old July 14th 06, 08:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Letter from TfL to FCC

Rupert Candy wrote:

Paul Ebbens wrote:

So really it is not a privatised brandname at all, so that means First has
no true reason to get rid of it just because previous company was named so?

Quite so. And when I did a bit of detective work the last time this
question came up, I discovered that the trade mark "Thameslink" was
owned by the SRA (presumably now DfT Rail):

http://tinyurl.com/re2jr

so it has nothing whatsoever to do with past or present franchisees.

Following the link in your past post (so this is no great detective
work on my part) reveals that 'Thameslink' is registered with the
patent Office as a Trade Mark as belonging to the Secretary of State
for Transport (in effect DfT Rail)

AIUI the BR double-arrow device is similarly registered.

Anyway I've been travelling on Thameslink for years, and I'm not about
to stop, no matter what absurd mouthful the franchisee is called.