Old July 15th 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
SteveH SteveH is offline

Default Traffic from M4 to London City Airport?

AstraVanMan wrote:

A friend of mine coming from the west on the M4, hoping to get to London
City Airport by around 6pm on a Sunday evening - what's the traffic
likely to be like?

And I am the friend....

I'm coming in from South Wales, and have been given the following route:

M40 / A40
Euston Road
Pentonville Road
Commercial Street
Commercial Road
East India Dock Road

Looks reasonably simple to me, and I'll have my Sat Nav with me, too.

My flight is at 16.55, so I need to have checked in by 4pm at the
absolute latest - I'm aiming for 3pm - 3.30pm in reality.

I arrive back at 8pm on Tuesday evening and need to get to a hotel in
Woking - would I be right in assuming that I can pretty much follow my
sat nav at this time of the day and not have to worry too much about
traffic?
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL