Old July 17th 06, 09:12 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
THC THC is offline

Default Mixed bag for transport schemes - Watford Junction Redevelopment & Croxley Link

burkey wrote:
However, the Croxley Rail Link, a plan to extend the Metropolitan Line
to Watford Junction, has yet to meet the appropriate conditions for
approval.

The DfT has said that it anticipates the scheme will be approved within
the next ten years but that it will need close scrutiny in terms of
value for money. It would take at least £50m to realise the proposed
extension.

Dunno how current the news on the Croxley link is - I had an email from
TfL's listed contact last week in which he said that HCC were to
resubmit their funding package to the DfT by "the end of this month"
but he wasn't able to say any more. Not that I've heard anything from
HCC or their consultants to confirm/challenge this - they haven't
responded to my last two emails asking them for news on progress.
(Perhaps I should use the magic words "freedom of information" in
future? That might help...)

THC