Old July 22nd 06, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Edith Stephenson Helen Edith Stephenson is offline

Default Woolwich Ferry question

In article , Helen Edith
Stephenson writes
[snip]
I saw "John Burns" pass through Tower Bridge, amid much blowing not only
of her (or should that be his?) horn, but with "Dixie Queen" joining in
and cycling through the three tones she can play on her horns.

"John Burns" sailed up as far as London Bridge, and when the river was
clear of other river traffic, (s)he performed pirouettes in her own
length.

[snip]

Forgot to post a link to my pictures...

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hel...?.dir=/4824re2

Enjoy!

Helen

Helen Edith Stephenson helen at baronmoss dot demon dot co dot uk
--
(I'm sure you can figure out what I mean!)
http://www.wuronga.me.uk/helen/