Old July 23rd 06, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Salisbury James Salisbury is offline

Default London power problems

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:30:56 +0100, "James Salisbury"
wrote:

The tube seems to be takeing a battering with the bakerloo line closed and
various other closures. What is going on?

A complete guess on my part but I would imagine there has been a failure
either at a bulk supply point between the national electricity network
and the LU one or there is a cable related problem on the high voltage
network. It's hard to say whether that is national grid or LU side.

The stations and lines that are affected point to a bulk supply point
problem in North West London as has happened before.

There have been a lot of electricity network problems but that is hardly
new news given widespread concerns about the integrity of and investment
in our electricity network as a result of privatisation.

I'm sure I will know more tomorrow morning when I read the weekend
reports.
--
Paul C

My understanding is that it is an EDF fault at St Johns Wood