Old July 23rd 06, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default London power problems

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:43:36 +0100, "James Salisbury"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:47:11 +0100, "James Salisbury"
wrote:
My understanding is that it is an EDF fault at St Johns Wood

Out of curiosity how and when did you find that out given that you posed
the original question?

It was stated on Radio BBC London that "EDF say there is a fault at St John
Wood". It also makes sense as BBC london themselves and the traffic lights
in the area are in darkness.

OK.

If it was an LUL side fault I would have
expected various lines to be closed and doom stories about the underground
being shut but few problems elsewhere.

The electrical distribution network is designed so as not to knock out
the whole system. The number of problems caused by failures on the EDF
network is getting larger by the week. Unless something is done very
quickly to improve the resilience of London's electricity supply network
I cannot see how the city can grow or provide the Olympics.
--
Paul C