Old July 24th 06, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Rick Rick is offline

Default bus transfers and weekend travelcards

Two "silly" questions from a visitor:

I take it that there is no concept of a free bus-to-bus transfer in
London? At least I can't find anything about it on the web or the TfL
site. (Most systems in the US like NYC and Boston alllow you to get a
transfer ticket when you get on the first bus to be used in lieu of
paying again on the second bus.)

Whatever happened to the Weekend Travelcard? On a previous visit
(sometime between 1985 and roughly 2000, I recall there being a Weekend
Travelcard that you could buy on Saturday which would cover both
Saturday and Sunday. Or on a holiday weekend, it would cover all 3
days for the price of two. It was very convenient especially when
staying a bus ride away from the Underground.

Thanks ...