Old July 24th 06, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Kovalcik Richard Kovalcik is offline

Default bus transfers and weekend travelcards

In article .com,
wrote:

Paul Terry wrote:
In message .com, Rick
writes

Whatever happened to the Weekend Travelcard?

Not sure why it went, but a 1-day offpeak travelcard for use on a
Saturday or Sunday costs 4.90 UKP for Zones 1+2.

And these can be bought in advance - or from newsagents displaying
'Ticket Stop' signs, you don't have to buy from a tube or rail station
if there's not a convenient station.

You mean I can buy a Sunday travelcard on Saturday? Cool. It would
have saved me an extra trip to Hatton Cross last Sunday. (I was
making some trips by bus back and forth from Heathrow (Hotel Row) to
Feltham. Later in the day I was going into London. So, I really
wanted all all day Zone 1-6 travel card. If I had started out in
Feltham, I could have gotten the travel card at Feltham Station. But
I was starting out from the Sheraton. At least it didn't cost me
anything more, it just took some more time at Hatton Cross.)