Old July 26th 06, 07:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Aosmosis Aosmosis is offline

Default reliability of NNL and district line richmond branch

"Richard J." wrote in message
.uk...
Aosmosis wrote:
How reliable is the Richmond branch of the NNL and district line?

I was waiting at Turnham green for 25 mins for a richmond train.

Yes, it happens. Richmond trains normally start from Upminster, so they
have 37 stations before Turnham Green in which to develop delays, not to
mention interleaving the service with the Hammersmith & City, the Circle,
and the Wimbledon, Ealing, Edgware Road and Olympia services of the
District. Richmond trains also have to share tracks and an inadequate
signalling system between Gunnersbury and Richmond. Delays there on an
eastbound service can affect the next westbound run of that train.

Richmond trains are supposed to run every 10 minutes for most of the day,
so you may be due for a charter refund if your delay was more than 15
minutes.

The NLL (not NNL) is also fairly unreliable in my experience.

Was any announcement made at Turnham Green about the delay? When was
this?
--
Richard J.

No aannouncement was made. Also there is a passenger help box. I pressed the
button and it said operator unavailable, please contact a memeber of staff.
Do do this I would have had to go downstairs touch out and approach the
ticket window. Totally unacceptable.