Old July 26th 06, 09:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default "This train is being held here awaiting signal clearance"

Edward Cowling London UK ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

* My personal favourite being loud platform announcement "This train is
going to CHARING CROSS", combined with in-train sign "CHARING CROSS",
plus in-train announcement "This train is going to CHARING CROSS",
followed by passenger asking of fellow passengers, "Is this train going
to Charing Cross?".

You get this at Moorgate. A sign comes up saying the train on Platform 9
is for Letchworth. Then one of the staff clearly announces the train on
platform 9 is for Letchworth, several times in a loud clear voice.
Yet nearly every night someone will come up to me and ask if the train
is for Letchworth ???

"No, mate, you've got the wrong train - this one's going to Letchworth"

Watching people try to figure out why the fast Met line train they're on
hasn't stopped at the station they wanted is usually good for a laugh, too.
Particularly where it's a couple, of whom one's been saying "No, I don't
think this one's stopping there" whilst the other's insistent it will...