Old July 26th 06, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default reliability of NNL and district line richmond branch

kytelly wrote:
Tom Robinson wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:32:27 +0100, Tom Robinson
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:24:52 +0100, "Aosmosis"
wrote:

How reliable is the Richmond branch of the NNL and district line?

I was waiting at Turnham green for 25 mins for a richmond train.

What ever happened to the proposal too run a branch from the central
line to Richmond and discontinue the district service? Was it all
connected to Crossrail going ahead?

There was a proposal in the 1920's for a Central Line extension from
Shepherd's Bush to Gunnersbury, and there was even an Underground map
poster showing it as a dotted line. There's one in the Acton Depot of
London's Transport Museum.

The only recent proposal of this sort was the "Corridor 6" option for
Crossrail, involving a tunnel from the GMWL at Wormwood Scrubs to just
west of Turnham Green, then via Gunnersbury and Richmond to Kingston,
which would have meant closing the District's service to Richmond. That
idea was dropped in 2004 in favour of the current plan to run Crossrail
to Maidenhead.
--
Richard J.