Old July 26th 06, 12:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] patrick1971@gmail.com is offline

Default reliability of NNL and district line richmond branch

wrote:
Incidentally, on the matter of the GCSE train arrival information
system: I was wondering how National Rail compile punctuality stats? Do
they use the same data that we see on the screens in the stations or do
they capture it separately? I ask as it is very common (as in
more-often-than-not common) that a train delayed by more than 5 mins
will simply be reported as being "On Time" at my station on the screen.

Not sure of the direct answer to your question, but I've noticed on
South Eastern trains that when the train is later than the magical four
minutes, the automated announcements always reflect this. So, for
example, if the 11.25 arrives at 11.28, the announcement will be "The
train at Platform 4 is the 11.25 to...", if it arrives at 11.30 the
announcement will be "The train at Platform 4 is the delayed 11.25
to...".

And who decided that +/- 4 minutes means "on time", anyway? Can't see
the Swiss accepting that...

Patrick