Old July 26th 06, 03:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

Default "This train is being held here awaiting signal clearance"

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
In message .com, Kev
writes

Maybe they have a sight defect and arrived after the announcements were
made. It is not uncommon for people not to hear announcements clearly.
Why is it such a big issue to answer a passenger's query, no wonder the
the public who have to deal with public transport staff go a bit weird.

No I am a member of the travelling public. I get happily stood in a
corner reading my paper and yet people still leap on the train and ask
where it's going. I'd love to say "Helsinki mate," but I just sigh and
tell them Letchworth, just as the last 5 announcements and the board are
saying. This of course they don't get and just blink at you and wander
off to ask at least another three people before deciding that in all
probability it really is a Letchworth train :-)

--
Edward Cowling London UK

The number of times I have been on a southbound Northern line train
from Brent Cross with the ontrain display cleary showing that it is
going to Edgware. Then there is the fun and games at Camden with the
platform staff telling everybody that the this is a Bank train and the
driver saying ignore the platform staff, this is a Charing Cross train.
I guess somebody knows where it is going.

Kevin