Old July 26th 06, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default "This train is being held here awaiting signal clearance"

Christine wrote:
I was on the 1351 Kings Cross to Cambridge today, waiting for it to
go. A passenger/customer got on and asked me if the train was going
to Letchworth, "Yes, I am going there too!" I replied. I can see
why staff get frustrated, the person went on and asked two other
people if the train went to Letchworth!!! Hey, would I lie if I
was going to Letchworth!!

Lots of passengers are ignorant ...

Perhaps that's why the passenger for Letchworth felt the need to take an
opinion poll rather than relying on a single passenger, who might have
been as ignorant as he was.
--
Richard J.