Old July 26th 06, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default "This train is being held here awaiting signal clearance"

Kev wrote:
Then there is the fun and games at Camden with the
platform staff telling everybody that the this is a Bank train and the
driver saying ignore the platform staff, this is a Charing Cross train.
I guess somebody knows where it is going.

A few weeks back, there was an PA system announcement at Camden Town
asking for a member of the cleaning team to go to a platform for a
'code 1 whatever that is'. Yes, HE said that (twice in fact).

What is a code 1? A rather obvious code for 'bomb scare' or 'someone
has thrown up'. Doesn't sound like control knew either!

I don't go to Camden much, but it seems as confusing now as it ever
was. No wonder it throws the tourists and other irregular travelers.

Jonathan