Old July 26th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
elyob elyob is offline

Default Slightly out of London .. the A3 & M25

"Tom Robinson" wrote in message
I'm pretty sure the first scaffolding I passed was directly at the end of
the hotel gardens and looking at the OS maps on multimap (1:25000) the
power
lines are quite far away from where I remember the scaffolding.

However, it seems like a logical reason for having very tall and wide
scaffolding in the middle of nowhere. Thanks for the theory.

There was some similar scaffolding on the M1 (somewhere near London
Gateway services IIRC) until recently. At one point there was
scaffolding on both sides of the road, and green netting stretched
between them. Presumably this was for safety so they could replace
the cabling between the pylons without closing the road.

I had the chance to pass this point again this week and managed to get a
photo. It seems that the theory was indeed correct, Paul gets first prize!

http://static.flickr.com/67/19902465...d89ade.jpg?v=0